If you have a problem with mosquitoes, call Bizzy Bee at 1-800-273-4958!
What Attracts Mosquitoes
A great deal of research has been done to figure out what exactly attracts these pests to certain people and not others. Some of this research has shown that mosquitoes have a preference for the following:
- Blood type O
- Certain genetic makeups
- People who have recently consumed beer
- Pregnant women
While these do seem to increase the chances of a person being targeted by mosquitoes, anyone can be a potential victim.
Ways to Avoid Mosquitoes
If you’re not one of the lucky ones that get completely ignored by these bloodsuckers, here are a few tips to keep them away:
- Don’t allow buildup of water on your property, as this can become a site for mosquito larvae to mature.
- Stay indoors during their primary feeding times, which are dawn and dusk.
- Wear lighter clothing. Mosquitoes are drawn to darker colors that stand out more against the light.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants. While this isn’t idea in the summer, there are many breathable fabrics that make this doable.
- While many mosquito repellents contain chemicals and potentially harmful toxins, there has been an increase in chemical-free solutions in recent years.
How Bizzy Bee Can Help
The experts at Bizzy Bee are capable of significantly reducing the mosquito population in your yard. Our technicians can locate and treat the breeding sites of the mosquitoes and eliminate mosquito larvae areas, which are typically standing-water. As with all of the treatments and services we provide, our mosquito control treatments are safe for both pets and people. With our treatments, you’ll be able to do more than just avoid mosquitoes – you may forget they’re even around!