Does the irritating buzz of a mosquito flying near your face make you want to run indoors? We here to help make sure you can enjoy spring, summer, and fall in a mosquito-free backyard! Allow us to answer a few questions about mosquitoes and mosquito control:
1. How does an exterminator provide mosquito control?
There is an art and science to mosquito control. An experienced technician will never just spray the yard with chemicals then leave. Our team implements the Integrated Pest Management approach while onsite for mosquito control. Integrated Pest Management identifies several elements mosquitoes must have to survive:
It’s not uncommon for a homeowner to see one of our trained professionals implementing IPM while issuing mosquito control. If you have questions about how you can help prevent a mosquito infestation, don’t hesitate to ask your Bizzy Bee Exterminator technician!
2. How often should my yard receive mosquito control treatment?
Residential mosquito treatment is most effective when it is consistent. The plan your exterminator recommends will be based on your current mosquito problem, temperature and humidity that you experience, and what mosquito control method we suggest. Our overall goal is to keep mosquitoes out of your yard so you can enjoy being outdoors during the upcoming seasons!
3. Do mosquitoes pose a health threat?
While a mosquitoes’ bite is enough to hire an exterminating professional, mosquitoes potentially carry a handful of viruses that can negatively affect a person’s health: West Nile Virus, Dengue Fever, and Malaria.
- The West Nile Virus is relatively new – rearing its ugly head in America in 1999. It can cause uncomfortable symptoms, and in rare cases, it may trigger severe illness.
- Dengue Fever is the least common disease carried by mosquitoes in the United States among the three listed. Cases have been reported on America’s coastline, specifically Florida’s Key West and the border between Mexico and Texas.
- The spread of Malaria came to a screeching halt in the United States in the 1950s. However, there are still cases being reported each year due to outside travelers bringing the virus into America.
Contact Bizzy Bee Exterminators for Your Mosquito Control Needs!
Don’t let another gorgeous spring day go by without being able to enjoy your backyard oasis. Our team is here to eliminate their frustrating presence on your property. Call us today to schedule a treatment or consultation: 800-273-4958