Bizzy Bee Exterminators has complied a list of 6 fun Thanksgiving facts for you to enjoy. We love this time of year. This time of year is all about fun, family, friends, and food. Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time to show gratitude toward each other, as Randy Pausch said, “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” When we are running around to the stores making sure we have everything perfect, the matching plates, the right table cloth, the Thanksgiving salt and pepper shakers, and preparing for the perfect Thanksgiving meal. Please remember it is not the plates, table cloths or the salt and pepper shakers or even the meal, it is the precious time you get to spend with your family and friends. So please enjoy these simple but fun facts.
1. Historians have no record of turkey being eaten at the first Thanksgiving.
2. “Jingle Bells” was originally a Thanksgiving Day song.
3. Each year, there are about 46 million turkeys cooked.
4. Butterball has had a Turkey Talk-Line open for over 35 years.
5. Most Americans enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers more than the meal itself.
6. Black Friday, aka the day after Thanksgiving, is the busiest day for plumbers.