Termites are extremely destructive pests that cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and buildings each year. Though they are burdensome to most property owners in the US, they are a particular problem in the southeast. To complicate matters, termites are amazingly adept at gaining access to your home or building, are active 24 hours a day, and can feed for several years with very few visible signs of activity.
Termites are highly social insects that live in colonies where populations can reach more than one million. In the spring, winged "reproductives" leave the parental nest in swarms to create a new colony. The swarming lasts less than an hour, so it's very likely you'll never even see it. The winged reproductives themselves look quite a bit like flying ants, for which they are often mistaken.
Professional Termite Treatment Services!
›› Free Inspections
›› Termite Letters
›› Residential Inspections
›› Commercial Inspections
›› New Construction Treatments
›› Follow-Up Visits
›› Repair/Replacement Warranty
Termites feed on cellulose materials as structural wood, wood fixtures, paper, books, and even cotton. They constantly forage for food resources and will follow tree roots and construction conduits such as pipes and footers to gain entry into your home.
The best way to determine if you have a termite infestation is to contact a licensed pest control professional at Bizzy Bee Exterminators. Bizzy Bee Exterminators will conduct a complete inspection of your home or business to determine if you have termites or conditions conducive to termites, and then recommend the best course of action for eliminating them quickly and completely.
Termite Treatment Solutions:
|Bizzy Bee Exterminators is proud to offer Termidor - one of the most recognized names in termite limitation. Termidor has been shown to be 100% effective against subterranean termites and completely eliminates your termites within 3 months of application. Learn more...
|Bizzy Bee Exterminators is proud to offer you Advance - the most revolutionary termite bait system available. Advance has been proven to eliminate termite colonies in and around your home, and offers reliable long-term protection. Learn more...
|Bizzy Bee Exterminators is proud to offer Bora-Care - a long term natural solution to eliminating termites. Bora-Care can be used for both interior and exterior applications and is formulated with a concern for the environment. Over ten years of efficacy studies prove wood destroying organisms cannot develop resistance against Bora-Care. Learn more...
- Don't leave firewood near your home, it's a magnet for termites. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised off the ground.
- Remove all lumber, tree stumps and other kinds of loose wood from the perimeter of your home.
- Fix any leaky pipes and eliminate any standing water near your home. Termites cannot live on wood alone.
- Move mulch away from the foundation.
- Keep gutters and downspouts free of accumulated leaves and debris. Clogs and obstructions can attract termites.
- Seal all cracks and holes in your home's foundation, which may provide a handy access point for termites.
Besides ponds and streams, where else do mosquitoes breed?
- Winged termites "swarming"
- Piles of small, delicate wings shed by reproductives
- Small piles of sawdust
- Mud tunnels built by termites for aboveground travel
- Damaged or hollow sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper